At Otto Baum Company, Inc. we highly value the safety of our employees and all jobsite stakeholders
In our line of work, it’s critical to follow the latest safety guidelines to minimize risk on each of our projects. Our workforce is trained in all standard and specialized safety procedures involved in each industry served. We are associated with highly-esteemed organizations such as the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) and Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Since 1937, we've been constructing and perfecting the building blocks of our safety program, which include:
- Executive management commitment
- Pre-job safety planning
- Mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) training
- Mast climber training
- All supervisors are OSHA 30-hour trained
- Incident recording and tracking system
- Weekly on-site safety training meetings (toolbox talks)
- Documented job site inspections
- Safety recognition programs
- Daily Job Briefing (JSA)
- Substance abuse screening program
- Monthly risk management meetings
- Light duty policy
HOW Our Safety Culture Measures Up
The integration of safety, quality, and productivity has successfully helped to reduce injuries and injury costs.
STRONG COMPANY VALUES PROACTIVE APPROACH TO SAFETY
Experience teaches that safe projects are ultimately more productive and cost-effective. Our proactive approach helps assure the safest possible construction.
We believe knowledgeable and empowered employees will enhance management’s policy and passion for safe jobsites, leading to zero incidents and accidents. Our proactive approach bears results.
Click here to see the list of awards OBCI has received for their safety and services.